Saturday, December 16

It Reminded Me of Being Free


Last night Ally and I had to baby-sit for some friends while they enjoyed their annual Christmas party at the Empress. I miss the parties at the Empress.

My week hadn’t been terrible, but as the days progressed and Friday neared, I would return home at dusk feeling that much more weary, exhausted. After arriving home last night, I phoned a few friends looking for company, but unfortunately, I wasn’t having any luck. Feeling selfish, this only added to my annoyance.

With yesterday’s 80s still loaded, I turned right and headed up toward Rockland with Starship as company, immediately bringing a smile to my face, "...knee deep in the hoopla, sinking in your fight. Too many runaways eating up the night". The jaunt up the short hill aggregated my heels/achilles again, something I’m going to have to resolve prior to Boston.

I opted for a slightly different route this time, deciding to drop down Green Oaks Terrace, the length of Richmond to Gonzales, and then along Foul Bay to the water. Once on Hollywood Crescent I picked up the tempo slightly, rising up onto a plane. I was running faster then the prescribed easy jog but didn’t care, tonight was a much needed therapeutic and invigorating run. Lengthening out the stride and slowly watching my heart rate climb was enjoyable. I kept this effort the entire way home; it reminded me of being free.

Training: calisthenics, 33:20.4, AHR 141 (76%), MAX 156 (84%), 8.07km, 4:01km/pace

No comments: