Monday, April 2

Flora London Marathon Week #9 (21 days and counting)

Three Roads to London hits the airwaves! We received an email from Kirstie today, the CBC piece is wrapped up and it looks like it will air on All Points West tomorrow (Tuesday the 3rd)...somewhere between 4pm and 6pm on 90.5 FM. It’s also going to be posted online here. Last, but not least, the same version will air again on the Inside Track on April 15th. As happy as I am to share this news with you, I’m also humbled and terrified. We’re just three guys, following a dream, who happened to have the luck & determination to follow through with it… and, on one rare evening, were intoxicated enough to share it. Additionally, there is a good chance that I’ll be making my signing debut, and, if that occurs, will likely take me several days to gather enough nerve to show myself. Yeowza!

That said, I’m pumped to have the weekend’s double workout behind me, and I’ve begun this week in fine fashion, with a massage & no running. I woke up this morning with a tight back and neck (probably from the accident). But, with some time remaining after having the legs flushed, Janet was kind enough to work my neck & it feels much better; total time on the feet last week was 8h44’, approx. 126km (79 miles)… taper, where are you?

Monday: day off
Tuesday: A.M. easy 30:55, P.M. a leisurely but unsettled 42:29
Wednesday: A.M. easy 31:28 with strides, P.M. 1:05:27 w/ 6x (3’ H, 90” E)
Thursday: easy 42:47 w/ 4x30” H
Friday: A.M. a pedestrian 29:51, P.M. a moderately easy 44:50
Saturday: A.M. 1:14:27, w/ 45’at MP + 10’ at HMP, P.M. easy 43:27
Sunday: 1:58:43, with 60’ at MP (average 3:41/km)

3 comments:

Lawrence said...

I'm looking forward to the CBC piece. Very cool.

Thomas said...

Fame at last, ey?

Michael Jay Dotson said...

Just remember, you’re not just representing yourselves but the entire running community. Nothing to worry about…nothing at all…:)

Seriously, I’m very much looking forward to the show. I’m sure it’ll be great.