Wednesday, April 11

The smell of possibility

“The impossible is often the untried” - Jim Goodwin


I enjoyed what was one of the most satisfying morning runs this year, perhaps in a few years… everything clicked. I looped around the waterfront on the edge of the harbour, catching a glint of the sunrise between the taller buildings, the air heavy with the smell of salt. From there I made my way to the park, running through the dew covered grass leaving a discernible trail, I loved it.

Prior to stepping out the door I was uncertain how my pins would respond given yesterday’s session, I needn’t have been. My legs were a machine, a system unto themselves today; as I rolled through the first few intervals, I realized I couldn’t feel them, it was fantastic. When I split a slightly inclined kilometer on the first 4’ segment in 3:21 I just smiled.

Training: I had to cut this one a tad short, 56:18 with 1,2,3,4,4,3,2,1 at 10k effort, 75” recovery, 3:20 km/pace (5:22 mi)

1 comment:

Love2Run said...

Cool, footprints in the dew is better than snow. Nice to hear you're cruising along like this.