Tuesday, May 13

Inclement Weather

"A mirror reflects a man's face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses."

On a day when my spirits were low and the clouds were lower, an old friend of mine joined me for a run and lightened my mood. With the clouds having nestled nicely on the peak of Mount Doug, we looped our way around the lower trails trading stories and solutions to life’s mysteries.

I didn’t feel particularly spry early days, but after a couple rolling hills and some spirited strides towards the end of the jaunt I felt decidedly better. Today was a good day.

How can you not like this girl, reminds me slightly of E.T. but she's still adorable.

Training: easy 1:03:08 with 5xstrides

2 comments:

Thomas said...

E.T. or not, that is one cute picture!

Love2Run said...

She's a doll and already has her Dad firmly wrapped around her little finger.