Sunday, September 14

Our Last Week in England

We returned home late Saturday afternoon after what was almost three weeks of an extremely enjoyable vacation. Upon reflecting not only am I markedly more relaxed but I’ve also gained two overstuffed Cornish Pasties where my pectorals were once housed and my torso more closely resembles an inverted pint glass than ever before. I have my work cut out before me.

The last few mornings I’ve been trying to educate a five month old infant on the effects of jetlag and not necessarily having to rouse at 3:00 a.m. just because your internal clock suggests it’s morning. This is a losing battle. Still, coupled with me starting a new job, the week ahead looks like a perfect opportunity to ease back into running without too much structure.

I’ll leave you with some photos from my last run in England along one of my favourite routes.

Training:
Monday: day off (scheduled)
Tuesday: day off (unscheduled)
Wednesday: day off (unscheduled)
Thursday: 41:08 with 10x30” hills (2’)
Friday: easy 1:07:35
Saturday: day off (unscheduled)
Sunday: sluggish 1:08:54

2 comments:

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

An extremely enjoyable three weeks in England and being markedly more relaxed certainly trumps two Cornish Pasties and an inverted pint glass.

Absolutely loved the photos - has me pining for England (I lived in Yorkshire for 5 years).

Love2Run said...

Beautiful pictures and your training looks much like mine did when I was away. A well deserved break I'm sure.