Sunday, April 26

Reflections of Boston I

Paul O’Neil once said, “a man who sets out to become an artist at the mile is something like a man who sets out to discover the most graceful method of being hanged. No matter how logical his plans, he can not carry them out without physical suffering”. I think the same can be said for the marathon.

More thoughts on Boston later this week as well as my recent 10k, rest assured though that my legs once again feel like I’ve run a marathon.

Training:
Wednesday: easy 20:33
Thursday: day off (scheduled)
Friday: easy 28:33 with 5xstrides
Saturday: day off (scheduled)
Sunday: 1:02:37 with TC 10k in 36:37 3:40km/pace

Weekly mileage: 5h07’11”, +/- 71 or 45 miles

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Love the photo of your baby - so cute!

Incidentally, I took a virtually identical picture of that tower disappearing into the clouds.

Physical suffering is part of marathoning. In fact, it is basically the point of marathoning.

MB said...

Beautiful photos and Happy B.D. to your little one.

That's a surprise to see a race entry so soon after Boston!

Michael said...

Thomas, I like your comment about suffering being part of, or basically the point of running a marathon. We wouldn't have it any other way.

Mark, Isla had a great birthday. Once again, it was great meeting you and your family. Have a speedy recovery.