Friday, November 24

Cracker…

This morning I was reminded of something that at times I think we overlook as adults, childish abandonment of all things sensible; the idea of wading into a puddle with absolute disregard to the water level and corresponding height of your boots. Jack didn’t care whether he got wet, not when there was excitement to be had. His behavior also surprised me when he inevitably fell face first in the pond. Although shocked, with modest encouragement he was on his feet and standing proud. Life for him is fun and adventure.

I headed out the two by four this afternoon with this mornings memories still strong, trading Chris Botti for Josh Ritter, and a goal of running off the beaten path, off the worn trails and instead through the grassy fields, connecting urban pathways and lost alleys. Apart from my left heel being a tad tight the legs felt cracker and my body was ready to race. The outing totaled a relaxing 30:51, AHR, 136, MAX 151.

Note: For those running tomorrow’s self-described, “all trails, many tough hills, rocky, rough, always wet course with roots, rocks, stumps, puddles, branches & boulders - no whining!” fall classic, have fun!

Enough of my blathering…

No comments: