Monday, November 27

Snow Day

Closed the bedroom door last night with the cat (Timone) on the other side, felt I needed a peaceful night’s rest… I succeeded in having a relaxing sleep.

Woke up this morning to find it had snowed, a lot. I bundled up and went to work only to find I was one of few, one of the minority that made it in. I spent most of the day lost in thought, distracted, unfocused, preoccupied, trying to decide how best to get to Seattle and more importantly Sacramento.

The predicament… I’ve booked return confirmed flights from Seattle to Sacramento and decided to fly stand-by from Victoria to Seattle (don’t ask, it’s a long story but ended up saving me a lot of money). Back to the quandary, today, because of the snow, all the flights from Victoria to Seattle were canceled. Bugger. Given the forecast on Thursday is calling for a 90% chance of rain or snow, SE winds at 10 km/h with a high of 3C and a low of -2C, the day I had planned on flying out, should I:

a) Take my chances flying stand-by on Thursday afternoon possibly missing my connection in Seattle;
b) Buy confirmed tickets from Victoria but inevitably still roll the dice concerning my connection;
c) Leave on the 5 p.m. Clipper to Seattle on Wednesday night, spent an evening “Sleepless in Seattle”;
d) Drive down the I-5 to Seattle, leaving the car there; or
e) None of the above.

My mind is still spinning.

Perhaps my bewilderment stems from the fact that I haven’t run today. Like most of the preceding Monday’s, today was a scheduled day off. Unfortunately, running calms me and given my decreasing volume of running and I’m beginning to feel restless. Double bugger.

Okay, I’m off to shovel the girl’s car out from behind a small snow bank and perhaps run a few strides up the street. Perhaps.


Epsom salt bath. Stretch. Bed.

No comments: