Thursday, November 30

Big Portions, Big Day

It has been a very long day. I was up at 3:30 this morning in order to get to the airport by 5:00 so that I could catch my 6:00 flight. Damn icy roads! Unfortunately for me, due to the runway being 80% covered with ice and the plane having to be de-iced for over 2 hours I didn't leave until... 11:00. Wow!

After arriving in Seattle I hopped on three trains, rushing to my connection only to be told there was a mechanical problem with the plane resulting in me being delayed for another 2h30... it was a long day. That said, I did enjoy a comfort of home (a great Chai Latte in Starbucks).

Arrived at the hotel (Holiday Inn, very nice people, letting me use their computer) only to find Ally knocking at our room door 10 minutes after I arrived. The catch? Ally had to work today and left Victoria at 2:00 p.m. The lesson? I should always travel with her:(

Managed to get in yet "another" run on a treadmill, but only because were staying right downtown and it was dark when I arrived. That said the hotel athletic center is fantastic, one could hold a training camp in there. The treadmill was state of the art and was far faster then I could handle (I stopped at 12 m.p.h.). Tomorrow I'm running on a bike path just across the street, no treadmills I promise.

Just came back from dinner, Fat City in Old Town Sacramento (very cool place with cobble stone streets and wooden boardwalks). It is the only place where when ordering a pasta dinner I had more chicken then pasta, you wouldn't believe it if I showed you a picture.

Tomorrow I go for an easy run, a few strides and then pick up my race packet. Oh yeah, tomorrow I also decide on the pace I want to go out, but... more on that tomorrow. Until later then, enjoy Kitangus this weekend and have a Guinness for me, buggers!

Ciao for now!

No comments: