Saturday, June 23

Bagged

Bagged, absolutely bagged... that's how I've felt the last couple of days. Thursday was marginally better then Friday, but neither was swell in the grand scheme of things. After two consecutive days of feeling beat it's time to start paying more attention to the signs written on the wall, they're there, and I believe I should begin with ensuring I get to bed earlier. The problem (my problem) is that with it being so light out in the evenings now, I feel compelled, almost obligated, to stay up and make the most of the summer months regardless of my energy level. This reminds me of a time, years ago, when my level of energy a) seemed to last longer, and b) recharged itself quicker.

My only saving grace, is that (Rule #1) once out the door I'm happy to be running, and (Rule #2) once home, I feel more energetic... two key tests in my, is-it-okay-to-run-or-should-I-rest book. Thankfully, I'm not doing any serious training.

Training:
Thursday: easy 41:12
Friday: an easy 29:56 with 6x strides

No comments: