Sunday, December 31

Island Life (Galiano)

How about that view every morning while perusing the paper and sipping on a coffee? Late yesterday afternoon, Ally and I hopped on a later ferry to Galiano to explore her parent’s new property. It was my first trip to the island named after a Spanish explorer, Dionisio Galiano, who first visited the island in 1792.

After a salmon dinner, a relaxing evening with her parents and an absolutely p-e-a-c-e-f-u-l sleep, we spent most of the day performing yard work, as the two acres of English Cottage Garden was unkempt due to the recent storms. I enjoyed the work and was amused most of the day by a pair of eagles (keeping watch on my activity).

Having spent most of the morning in the garden, I did manage to get out of a quick jog just before lunch. After feeling sluggish and heavy yesterday, I was pleased to see the legs feeling fresh and snappy (although it was only 20’ at a walkers pace). Tomorrow I want to get out for a good trail run in the morning and Ally and I are even contemplating a local 5-k race, the Run Through Time before heading out for the evening.

Training: 20:45, 4x strides

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike and Ally: Glad you enjoyed the view and yard work. You are always welcome to go over for the view and of course more yard work.

Mom