Sunday, December 10

Victoria, B.C.

With a warm westerly breeze blowing off the Straight of Juan de Fuca and the sun’s warmth on my face I traversed the southern exposure of Beacon Hill Park.

The weather, fickle as it is, has changed dramatically since I’ve returned home but for a brief period this morning I was treated to gorgeous winter’s day.

I know it’s not prudent to buy yourself gifts in the weeks leading up to Christmas but yesterday, while strolling Victoria’s bustling holiday streets, I happened upon a copy of Bruce Springsteen’s Greatest Hits and couldn’t resist (much to Ally’s chagrin and embarrassment). After a light stretch and with the Boss crooning in my ears, I headed outdoors. Prior to running, I decided to introduce a few calisthenics: 5x vertical jumps, 4x horizontal jumps, 3x one-legged vertical jumps, 2x one-legged horizontal jumps… finished I was off into the park.

The pins much better then Friday and I felt my stride returning to some semblance of normality. The figures: 39:58, AHR, 138 (74%), MAX 173 (93%)

2 comments:

Lawrence said...

No one should ever be embarrassed by the boss. Thunder Road or bust!

Anonymous said...

Mike you were born to run so it only seems fit.

But don't go buying that stuff - just ask. I've got a bunch of old CDs that you can have/borrow for and extended length of time...

Lost ten pounds sitting on my arse this week. feeling better now and will be heading out tomorrow for a super easy one - running to an adapattion of Bob Seager, 'I'm weaker now, but still running against the wind.'

Talk to you soon,

Mike