Thursday, December 14

We're beaten and blown by the wind

After last night’s shenanigans and having an office Christmas bash late this afternoon I decided to set out this morning for an easy jaunt. I don't know, perhaps it was Jim popping over a few nights ago to grab some tunes or singing along with Hall & Oats in the car yesterday (much to Ally’s frustration), but I decided to dump Bruce and download a fresh batch of 80’s classics.

For a change of scenery, I turned right crossing Richardson and up toward Rockland. I started easy with a shortened stride and I bop - you bop - a - they bopped up the road. My heels were tight going up the protracted climb but extending my stride rolling over the apex I figured nobody gonna slow me down, oh no, I got to keep on moving. Right on Oak Shade Lane, right again on Richmond, down toward the water.

As I crossed Richardson again I was almost hit by a cyclist, eejit! It’s weird how people are strange when you’re a stranger, I let the cyclist go and proceeded on. I was feeling good but had only been out for less then 20’. I was conscious of my gait, the cool air and the sound of my shoes striking the road. I was in a good mood, bad news don’t ruin my appetite, don’t let the papers tell me what’s wrong or right, I just do what I do…

Right again once I hit the water and ducked back down a side street. I’m not sure where I was at this point but knew that I wanted to run, I wanted to hide, I wanted to tear down the walls that hold me inside, I wanted to reach out and touch the flame where the streets have no name.

I remembered my calisthenics only after I’d arrived back home, I’ll have to improve on that. Off to work, I’ve got a 9:30 appointment; I just need to find my sunglasses… for the walk home.

Training: 30:40.7, AHR 139 (75%), MAX 151 (81%), approx. 7.07 km.

No comments: