Thursday, December 7

Kemibe's Marathon Training

I came across a thought provoking article this morning, Kemibe's Marathon Training. The piece is geared largely to athletes with several years of consistent, focused training under their belts and the desire to improve competitively. It’s not designed for first-time marathoners unless they have an excellent record at shorter distances, and it’s not targeted to those whose goal is simply to finish the race.

As for me, and given that yesterday was the first day I haven’t had to lean on the handle rail when descending stairs, tomorrow, I run. I suspect it won’t be huge but I’ll be out there, running by Terry (a reverent nod of the head) and back along the trails skirting Beacon Hill Park. I’ve already made tentative plans for the following weekend out at Thetis; I’ve been missing some of my old haunts, the staples, the routes that get you through the tough weeks and I eagerly anticipate our upcoming meeting.

Until then…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Probably due for a trip out to the ol' shoe tree I'd expect eh?

Mike