Wednesday, May 23

Ottawa Marathon (3 days)

I'm off to meet a friend for dinner & I still have some packing to do, so I must be quick, random thoughts that are bouncing around inside my head then:

  • tomorrow in Ottawa they are forecasting the temperature to be 30C, 29C on Friday. I can only hope that it cools down significantly on race day (at the moment "they" are forecasting 22C with a 60% chance of rain). As I did in Sacramento I'm planning on running the first 40' of the race with a hand-held water bottle.
  • I went to the doctor today to see about my stomach. He thinks it is a bacteria or virus but is reluctant to give me medication as it'll be performance enhancing, who knew? Only kidding, he said that there is a good chance it'll make it worse before it gets better... why is that always the case? Instead he gave me the heads up on some stuff that will help rehydrate me in the days leading up to the race, but he did warn me that it tastes awful. Should I expect anything different I asked?
  • my run this evening was a huge improvement on yesterday, perhaps 72%, but I still had some bloating. I wanted to test my stomach and legs so I ran a bit of a progression run, slowly picking it up, ending with about a mile at race pace, it felt good (bloating considered).
Until later then, hope everyone has a good evening.

Training: 40:37, AHR 132, MAX 154

No comments: