Thursday, February 15

A Devil’s Dream

Given Tuesday & Wednesday, today, with only one run (and at 46’ to boot) I felt like I was bloody tapering, I loved it! With Leahy playing Devil’s Dream/Mason’s Apron, I jogged on the grass around Beacon Hill feeling as if I’d won. Won what? I don’t know, but it felt good.

Lately, I’ve been noticing my AHR lower then what I’m use to during my recovery runs and thought I’d investigate. Do I need to a) run faster at the same HR or b) maintain the same pace at a lower HR? Either way, I set out to trace a couple “easy” mile loops around the park. Unfortunately, as the loop isn’t entirely flat and the winds were howling out of the west I found it difficult to run “easy”, either way:

6:25, AHR 143
6:35, AHR 142

Verdict:
The jury is still out. For arguments sake, if I split the difference and run a 6:30 miles at 142 (77%), that would equate to a 2:50:25 marathon, who knew (I think my current MP HR is in the high 150s)?

Do I really run that easy in the mornings? Given perceived effort, I’d beg to differ. I think further testing is needed, unfortunately, in the morning.

For those interested check out this
link, Carter has posted a good picture of the start at last weekend’s race.

Training: a very enjoyable 46:40, AHR 136, MAX 151

No comments: