Tuesday, February 6

Variable Cloudiness

I’ve been working with my coach now for almost a year. I’ve trained through two marathons, London my third, and each program has been different, adapting to match my strengths and weaknesses.

Every Monday evening I feel like a child at Christmas, wondering, “What’s in store for me this week? What new workout will he have me doing, anything but the alternating 800s, please!” As I was winding down last night, I checked my email…

“You have 1 new message”

The plan for the week looks simple; run. I haven’t totaled up the mileage but it looks further then the last, including two structured workouts (one a race). The most disturbing read was learning that I was to do a double, today, which meant I should’ve been to bed much earlier.

On a happier note, I see that Environment Canada has changed the forecast for the week; we now are due three days of “variable cloudiness” not to be confused with “cloudy with sunny breaks”.

Training:
A.M. a leisurely 47:02 through the darkness and mist, started at 7:00 mi/pace and finished the last 15’ at 6:37 mi/pace; felt good
P.M. felt as if I’d already run once today; Brad called and we headed out along the waterfront taking us passed the Chinese Cemetery for an unhurried 49:48, AHR 138, MAX 152; I was overdressed (I took the picture last weekend)

3 comments:

Love2Run said...

How about sunny with cloudy breaks. I'm jealous of the plus temperatures. It must be nice to have a coach that tells you to do x or y. Good luck with it!

Michael said...

I’ll take almost anything with sunshine.

It is nice having a coach, but the key is having confidence in them (it has taken us a year to get to where we’re at). I had originally made my own program for Ottawa this time last year, but kept second-guessing myself, i.e., that confidence thing again. Have you ever used a coach? I could recommend a few...

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Beautiful picture!

Whilst living in Washington state, I remember a weather forecast that went something like this: "Today we'll see light drizzle in the morning turning to rain followed by showers in the afternoon tapering to light rain by evening."