Friday, February 9

I want some more

“Please, sir,” replied Oliver, “I want some more”.

I wasn’t looking forward to the run this evening as, a) it was long, b) Ally & I had a date and c) I was frightened after Wednesday’s debacle… things couldn’t have turned out more differently.

Perhaps it was the porridge I had this morning, or the fact that I ate more then my usual today (a friend brought me a great muffin and I had a working lunch, wraps were provided). But, I’m going to attribute it to the additional sleep I’ve been getting (11 hours after the nightmare run and 9 last night, and no, we don’t have children, yet). Either way, during the run I started to feel r-e-a-l-l-y g-o-o-d.

The first 25’ were awkward as I weaved my way through town, playing Frogger while crossing the Blue Bridge. I hopped onto the Goose, over the Gorge and out toward the Lochside Trail. It was while stretching things out around the back of Mount Doug that I noticed I felt good, my stride length seemed longer, more fluid then normal. Down Shelbourne to Feltham, around Ring Road at UVic and then home via Cadboro Bay Rd.

Have to run, figuratively.

Training: a steady and relaxed 1:57:05, approx. 28.3 km, AHR 144, MAX 159, 4:08 pace/km (6:39 pace/mi)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

11 hours sleep??? Perhaps I should dust off my trainers and set my sights on a marathon??? BTW your blog is brilliant. I sleep better at night knowing what you ate for lunch/dinner and knowing how much sleep you're getting per night. Say HI to Frogger and Frodo for me. Are you planning a training run in T-town before the Big Race?? We miss you, Mikey.