Friday, March 9

adidas

I’m blaming it all on Carter, Seamus and his bloody papa. After our interview last night, we stayed out longer then I expected as Shanneyganock was back in town, one pint turning to five and my recovery window shrinking (along with my memory).

That said my run this morning was a lot more enjoyable then anticipated (and perhaps more then I deserved). I headed out to the park and ran a couple laps of an 18’ loop I’ve constructed before returning home along the waterfront. I can only attribute it to the miles I’ve been putting in, but I was surprised at the way my body responded (regardless of the lack of sleep). My legs strided out comfortably beneath my body, while I focused on spending as little time as possible on the ground.

After the run, I stopped in at Frontrunners to grab my new kit; my adidas sponsorship had come through and I felt like a child discovering an ancient treasure. I left with a huge grin and more shoes, shorts and kit then I ever expected… a thanks goes out to Frontrunners and adidas.


Training:
A.M. 48:28, 6:26mi/pace, one-too-many-the-night-before effort
P.M. an easy 27:37

3 comments:

Chris said...

Sorry I missed it as I have been volunteering and extremely tired this week - not just from running.

podcast?

Michael said...

It wasn't live, they are taping it and will be playing it later. We have a second interview tomorrow, I'll let you know the date/time.

Love2Run said...

CBC has archives of this show posted the following week. So now that you are an Adidas athlete, does that mean you'll get complementary elite status and treatment at Boston next year? Just kidding but they are one of the major sponsors there.