Saturday, March 3

Norah & Me

Today has been ordinarily special. I’ve enjoyed the company of close friends, great music, scrumptious food (pork noisettes with prunes) and what was one of the most thoroughly soul pleasing jaunts I’ve had in over a month.

Carter joined me for a late afternoon run in Mount Doug; almost an hour of uninterrupted trails, conversation, laughter and mud, so much so I almost forgot we were running. The contrast to yesterdays track w/o wasn’t lost, and couldn’t have been more varied; today, the legs felt O-kay.

Additionally, I enjoyed the comfort of what may turn out to be my best purchase this month, my new adidas RSP Short Tights. The advertisement says, “This product has been designed to give you performance, comfort and style. For over 50 years world-class athletes (Seamus) have been relying on adidas to meet their training and competition needs”. Me, I say I felt like I was running naked – without the chafing.

Oh yeah, if you haven’t already you have to check out the latest Norah Jones album Not Too Late, particularly the second track, "sinkin’ soon".

Training: an utterly invigorating 59:36, AHR 128, MAX 159

No comments: