Friday, March 30

Baba O'Riley

It was a tad nippy again this morning but it didn't stop me from enjoying myself. Still quite early on the run, as I was jogging down a slight rise at St. Charles and Richardson, The Who's Baba O'Riley started. Minutes passed and as the chorus kicked in, I found myself swinging my arms over my head like a mad man (playing the air drums) and punching upwards with my fist held high... yes it was still dark out! The best part, I found myself daydreaming about London!

Training:
A.M. a pedestrian 29:51
P.M. a moderately easy 44:50 with B-rad... all the time in the world with no particular place to go. My legs felt good which is a lot more then I can say for my stomach. I think I've nailed it though, it has to be the afternoon coffee, and it has to go... starting Monday. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

5 comments:

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Watch those drumsticks though, you could put an eye out.

rumon said...

Liam.

"Baba O'Riley"

If you're gonna play the air drums, you gotta get the song title correct, especially when it's The Who.

Seriously.

Chris said...

Keith Moon was special, but try airdrums to Tom Sawyer by Rush. Neal Peart, now this is a special drummer. Greatest trio since Cream.

Love2Run said...

re: colors, a small 4-6" flag pinned on your shirt will do wonders for crowd cheers. Do you drink more than water on your long runs?

Michael said...

The flag might work. On my long runs, unless I’m stopping at an unplanned fountain (assuming they’re turned on) I usually only drink Gatorade… never had a problem. That, and depending on the length, will take a Gu or two. I think I’ll still run with 2 Gu in London.