Tuesday, January 9

The B’hoys Are Back in Town

Two of my favourite running partners, Seamus (a.k.a. Jim, 2 x Canadian Marathon Champion) and Carter, joined me this morning for a run. With the sun shining in what seemed like the first time in months and the temperature a comfortable 10C, the setting couldn’t have been better. After dropping off last night’s movie at Pic-a-Flic, we headed over toward Beacon Hill Park to warm-up. I initially opted for the trails but after unrelenting chirping from the cheap seats Carter lead us for drier ground.

The plan today was to run a series of strides, drills and hill repeats. I think everyone, including myself, was skeptical but as the workout continued and our legs became progressively tired we/I turned into a convert.

The gist of the exercise was repetitions of: 100m flat stride, 50m drill, 100m hill, 50m drill, 100m hill, 50m drill and squat jumps. Okay, I have to go pack as I’m catching a flight to Ottawa in a little over two hours. Where else can you fly over 3500km and still not reach the end of the country?

All the best with your running.

Training: 1:25:18 with hills and drills

3 comments:

MB said...

that workout sounds like it will build some power. have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

Hey man, I was just happy that there was still a seat left on the Carter-Lord express, even if it was economy class.

Anonymous said...

Dude,

I dont know how you can do double days in this weather and darkness. I did them 3 days a week all summer, no problem. But two runs in a day that is dark rainy and cold. I just cant...Im hoping to get inspiration from your blog. I tip my soaked running hat in your direction.
I feel my fitness slipping away- cant seem to break 100km per week. Thanks for the stoke, keep on bloggin'