Sunday, January 14

Week 2 in Review

I had a decent week of running allowing for having to travel almost clear across the country and the surprising weather (winter arrived in Ottawa at the same time we did, it is supposed to be -27C there this week).

I had to alter a few runs due to logistics and an upset stomach, and unfortunately scrap today’s altogether. Total running for the week was 5h18’48”, approximately 74 km. Although I had hoped to run closer to 7h, I am not too disappointed. Here is how the week unfolded:

Tuesday: 1h25’18” with hills and drills
Wednesday: a chilly, but sunny 57’34” in Ottawa
Thursday: 30'08” easy on the treadmill
Friday: 41' progressive run on the treadmill
Saturday: a leisurely 1h44' in Toronto (which is a lot more then I thought I would manage)
Sunday: day off as we left my sisters house shortly after 10:00 a.m. (their time) and didn’t get home until just before 8:00 p.m. (our time)… it was a long day with stops in Winnipeg and Calgary.

Later this week I’ll have a much better idea of my training as I’ll be meeting with my coach to lay out the plans for the upcoming 12 plus weeks, including preparatory tests and a goal marathon.

More later, now, I’m off to catch up on some sleep.

[We took the picture during our last visit to Toronto while atop the CN Tower. It was so cold that day that a water pipe froze, and then subsequently burst. We never did see the glass floor as we’d gone up to the very top and once down to the main viewing level, were evacuated from the tower.]

No comments: