Saturday, January 6

Oak Bay Track

I have to be brief as Ally’s grandfather is hosting a party for her aunt’s 50th birthday.

This workout was supposed to be done yesterday, but I decided to postpone it due to the downpour. As it was, when I stepped out of the house this afternoon it started to drizzle, thankfully that’s all it did.

As the wind was starting to pick up I avoided the waterfront and Beacon Hill and headed over to Oak Bay track, an easy 20’ jog. My body felt awful and the legs heavy on the jog over which strangely enough, usually is a sign of good things to come. My stomach was unsettled on the first three intervals but calmed down toward the end of the first set. A few courageous souls from a local track club were there and they helped keep me honest throughout.

The entire workout slipped by quite easily and I was happy with how my legs felt. While running I concentrated on a few things
Mike suggested a few days previously:

  • Work on form-hips forward, run tall, good smooth pull-back with straight leg extension (not sitting in a bucket); and
  • Work on relaxation at speed.

I decided to run the last one as a timed 200 to get an idea of my speed, 0:35.4, AHR 152, MAX 159. Hope everyone had a good day, until later...

Training: 2x (15x 30” hard, 30” easy), 2’ easy between sets, hard was to be around 3-k pace, 1:12:44, AHR 138, MAX 163

No comments: