Monday, January 15

U2

Although a scheduled day off, after spending over 12 hours traveling yesterday, today, after work, I felt compelled to stretch the legs and breath in some of that West Coast air… even if it was chilly (0C).

I had to run a good deal of my jaunt on the roads given the patchwork quilt of ice and snow on the sidewalks. Now, I don’t mean to pick up what
Carter put down, but isn’t it U2 who says, some days are better then others? Perhaps it was the relatively easy week I had or spending far too much of yesterday resting, yeah, that’s what I’ll call it, but today’s run felt easy, too easy. My HR was unusually low and when I picked it up for a few meters to where my HR should be I felt... fast.

Days like today are a special treasure, much like trying to look at a faint star, they’re better seen when observed out the corner of your eye for when you stare right at it, realizing it is upon you, it’s gone.

I enjoyed stretching the legs today.

Training: calisthenics, 26:30, AHR 130 (what is with that), MAX 141, 6.5 km, 6:34/mile pace

2 comments:

rumon said...

Any way you look at it, brother, you're getting fit. Fantastic to see (from a distance).

Carter

Thomas said...

Very impressive pace for such a low heart rate. As for running in those conditions - respect.