Monday, January 8

A Week in Review

I had a solid week of training even though I had to switch a couple of workouts due to the inclement weather. This has to be a record rainfall? My body “feels” recovered from Sacramento and my legs (& head) responded well to Saturday’s workout. I walked, ran, away with a positive experience.

Total running for the week amounted to 7h29’25”, approximately 105 km. I’m looking at holding it here for a few weeks, with perhaps an easy week before marathon specific training begins. That said, I’m going to Ottawa this week which could (& will) seriously impact this weeks running. I'll see what I can fit in but the weather there is supposed to be cold, -15, and I was whining about the rain. Here is how the week unfolded:

Monday – Day off

Tuesday – A.M. calisthenics, easy 26:59, 6.5 km. P.M. 1:18:18, 18.2 km with 2 miles at half-marathon effort (11:29), followed by 4x hilly circuit.
Wednesday – 2x calisthenics, easy 38:43, 9.1 km
Thursday – 56:40, 13.3 km
Friday – A.M. 2x calisthenics, easy 26:29, 6.1 km. P.M. a wet 40:15, 9.3 km
Saturday – 1:12:44 17.0 km, with 2x (15x 30” hard, 30” easy)
Sunday – an easy 1:49:17, 25.4 km

A toe on my right foot is still acting up but the same thing happened about a week before Sacramento. I'm not sure what the problem was/is, perhaps the 30" bursts on Saturday? I'm hoping it will go away, consider me cautiously optimistic... or perhaps naive?

The pictures were taken in May while Ally & I were in Ottawa for the ING Ottawa Marathon. Speaking of which, rumour has it, I might be considering a spring double. I realize this may not be the wisest thing but time will tell. Has anyone done two marathons in a relatively short period?

Training: Day off, HR not sure, it's ticking though

No comments: